[gst-devel] seeking for testaudiosrc, volume etc

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Oct 25 04:48:04 CEST 2005

Hi Wim,

thanks alot for your other expalantions.

Wim Taymans wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 19:41 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
>
>>hi wtay,
>>
>>I noticed that you did lots of seeking related changes. I'd like to add
>>seeking to some audio-elements I use like: testaudiosrc, sinesrc,
>>volume. I know that it may source absurd to add seeking to generator
>>elements and effects. All these elements have controllable parameters
>>and the controller works on timestamps. Thus the data-processing is
>>time-dependent. Seeking for those elements basically mean to adjust that
>>local timestamp, so that they request the corrent controller data the
>>next time thay sync their parameters.
>>
>>I was looking at the wavparse element to find out what one needs to do
>>to support seeking. Is that the most complete one? Is there one that is
>>simpler?
>
> Wavparse is the most complete one. Basesrc also implements all seeking
> now.

BaseSrc does seeking to byte positions. Whats the 'correct' way for subclasses
to react on position changes.

* they react not at all, they just access basesrc->offset, which will always be
in bytes and the convert it to the format they need

* the beasrc class forwards the events, so that subclasses adjust their own
offset counter

Stefan