[gst-devel] adding a field to plugins description

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Sep 1 08:51:57 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 15:22 -0700, David Schleef wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 01:55:12PM +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > with the plugin splitup pending, I'd like to add a field to plugins
> > descriptions.  It would contain the name of the source module that
> > plugin is part of.  I could really use that for making sure I'm only
> > documenting plugins part of the current module, and now that there will
> > be more modules it will help people as well to find their way around.
> >
> > Anyone have any strong objections to me adding that everywhere ?
>
> This has significant overlap with adding the gettext domain, which
> I seem to have done in my local tree.  Whether or not they could
> share a field is arguable.

They could - the only problem I see is that the gettext field is (or
should be) majorminored for installability.  It'd probably be more
generic if it was added separately and each package had a define that
set both of them to the values for that package.

Thomas

I'll take
a quiet life a handshake
of carbon monoxide