[gst-devel] Frame dropping

Loïc Molinari loic.molinari at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:55:06 CEST 2005

Hi,

as I already mention on the list, I work on an backend in order to embed
videos in an OpenGL astronomic simulator. My current problem is when
more than one thread are in the playing state, the CPU(s) usage
increases dramatically, and the demuxing/decoding task takes too many
time. As a result, the streams don't respect their framerate.

How can I make the stream perfectly correct even on heavy loads ?
Is videorate the element I'm looking for ?
Is GStreamer providing a frame dropping system ?

	thanks, loïc.