[gst-devel] GStreamer status, 20 Sept 2005

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Sep 21 03:16:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I'd be ok by now with upping the requirement to maybe glib 2.6 because
> of the sanity check mentioned above, but there are very few stable
> distros who ship with glib 2.8.  And even when they do, we're still
> going to uncover bugs in that version of glib as we go along that we
> can't yet get fixed and to users.

+1 for 2.6 which is now widly used in distros. While speaking about it, wouldn't
it make sense to put some token into a comment, so that we can easily find stuff
we coppied from glib? If we bump the requirement to 2.6 we of course like to get
rid of the copied functions and use those from glib.

Stefan