[gst-devel] GStreamer status, 20 Sept 2005

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Sep 21 13:05:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

> The current GStreamer policy is simply that of a scared (group of)
> person(s), inventing hack after hack to not have to force users to
> upgrade to some recent stable version of a dependency for a version that
> may only be released in a year from now.

You're confusing your mouth with your ass :)  If you want to hold back
0.9 as much as you can, by all means feel free to do so.  If you want to
turn a question about whether we should require glib 2.6 or glib 2.8
into a gross over-exageration of "hack after hack", feel free to do so.

Don't confuse your mastery of hack-upon-hack (which you are really good
at, the 0.8 branch is evidence to that, and for which you are much
respected and rightly so) with the one hack of any importance that is in
GStreamer 0.9 - the refcount issue.  Please stop hijacking the thread to
ventilate your own personal frustrations.

Thomas

See how I vigorously don't care