[gst-devel] GStreamer status, 20 Sept 2005

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu Sep 22 13:42:49 CEST 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 04:00:58PM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > heh :) that's a bit silly isn't it ? You haven't even given any reason
> > to need 2.8 for any of the work you've done on the 0.9 branch.
>
> We've had that discussion, it's recurring. Let's just vote, decide and
> be done with it.

I'm leaning toward having a policy that development versions of
gstreamer should not rely on package versions that are not in
the latest release of popular 6-month-cycle distros.  This gives
us a much lower barrier to entry of both testers and developers,
which I like.

Thus, on the day that FC5 and Breezy are released, I think we
should bump the requirement to glib-2.8.

dave...

--
David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux