[gst-devel] Screenshots - Screenfilms ?

Zaheer Merali zaheermerali at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 02:08:01 CEST 2006

Hi

As Bastien said, Byzanz and Istanbul do this.  As the author of
Istanbul, I'd say use Istanbul :)
As far as I recall, Istanbul uses GStreamer but byzans does not.

For Istanbul, look at http://live.gnome.org/Istanbul  .  The release
version uses GStreamer 0.8.  But in CVS is a version that can use
GStreamer 0.10.  ximagesrc has only recently been ported to 0.10 and
there has not yet been a release for the module that contains/will
contain ximagesrc since the port.  So if you checkout cvs of GStreamer
you can use ximagesrc in 0.10.

An example pipeline would be something like:

gst-launch-0.10 ximagesrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc ! oggmux !
filesink location=capture.ogg

Any questions, feel free to buzz me on IRC #gstreamer  My nick is zaheerm.

Take Care

Zaheer