[gst-devel] ABI/API stability and gst-plugins-bad (was: Re: [gst-cvs] tpm gst-plugins-bad: gst-plugins-bad/ gst-plugins-bad/ext/neon/)

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Fri Apr 7 04:57:02 CEST 2006

I disagree, the reason we have bad and make releases of it is because
we need a place to develop plugins and at the same time get some basic
testing of them. 'Top secret' CVS only setups tend to not get any
testing and as such is of lesser value for the time when we eventually
would want these plugins moved to -good or -ugly.

I agree that we should add a line to the release notes stating that
these plugins in addition to the other problems listed, might have their
API's adjusted etc., although the horrors ascribed them in the current
notes do make such a thing implicit I think.

Christian