[gst-devel] Gstreamer WIN32 status

Sébastien Moutte sebastien at moutte.net
Mon Apr 10 01:00:02 CEST 2006

Steve Lhomme a écrit :
> Sébastien Moutte wrote:
>> HI Gstreamer !!
>>
>> It's time to report the WIN32 status of gstreamer packages. Now a lot
>> of plugins build successfully with MSVC 6.0 and the ones i have
>> tested work really good :)
>
> Why not support MSVC2005 (instead) ? That's the only free one and
> performs much better.
Yep, sure it is really better than VC6.0 or VC7.1 and I will add project
files for it too, but the problem is we can't build binaries packages
with it as it links on msvcr80.dll which is not LGPL compliant.
Moreover, most of the binary packages of the gstreamer's dependencies
are distributed linked on msvcrt.dll (6.0) then peoples who will want to
work with MSVC2005 will have to build all dependencies before ...

Sebastien