[gst-devel] GST Python Documentation?

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 02:09:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

  Just a hint for making the docs. The argument and return values are
exactly the same and in the same order as the C API *except* for those
defined in the gst-python/gst/*.override files.

  A simple example:
    gstmessage.override : override gst_message_parse_state_changed noargs

    This means gst.Message.parse_state_changed() has a different API.
    It takes no argument, but returns a tuple with the 3 GstState
(old, new pending).

  As a general rule, any function/method that has return values in
it's arguments (like GstBufer **bufer, or guint *value) will have an
override. And most of these override work in the following way:
   return_value function(type arg1, type arg2, type * ret1, type *ret2)
   Will become :
    [return_value, type ret1, type ret2] function(type arg1, type
arg2)  in python

   Edward

On 4/9/06, Gian Mario Tagliaretti <g.tagliaretti at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/4/4, Mark Heslep <mark at mitre.org>:
> > Okay found them here: http://pygstdocs.berlios.de/   How about a link on
> > the Gstreamer pager?
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> the API docs are not yet finished and most likely there are mistakes
> here and there, if you find any please let me know at my email
> address, thanks
>
> ciao
> --
> Gian Mario Tagliaretti