[gst-devel] How to configure gst-plugins-base-0.10.3 without liboil?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Apr 27 05:28:02 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 20:14 +0800, zs p wrote:
> I'm porting gstreamer to an embeded device.
> I need to minimize all components, so I want to
> install only subdirectory "gst-libs" without liboil.

Are you sure you actually understand enough of GStreamer when you're
doing this ? Why would you install a bunch of *plugin libraries* and not
build the *plugins that use them* ? I'm sure we could be of more help if
you explained what you are trying to achieve as a whole, instead of
small details that confuse people :)

> How should I configure gst-plugins-base to pass the
> configuration phase?

liboil is a hard dependency at build time.  You can always choose to
later on not install any plugin that uses it.

How much you build != how much you install.

Thomas