[gst-devel] internal data stream error

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Apr 28 15:03:02 CEST 2006

We have a lot of locations where we use a string to say the equivalent
of "internal data flow error".

Looking at this snippet of .po file makes me feel a little silly:

#: plugins/elements/gstqueue.c:781
msgid "Internal data flow error."
msgstr "Interne fout met gegevensdoorvoer."

#: libs/gst/base/gstbasesink.c:1849
msgid "Internal data flow problem."
msgstr "Intern probleem met gegevensdoorvoer."

#: libs/gst/base/gstbasesink.c:1980
#, fuzzy
msgid "Internal data stream error."
msgstr "Interne fout met gegevensdoorvoer."

So, two questions:

- do we want to add a STREAM error for this ? If so, what should it be
called ? Personally, I think this should just be the generic FAILED,
with the generic message it already has as default: GStreamer
encountered a general stream error.

I fail to see how "Internal data flow/stream error/problem" is more
descriptive anyway.

Comments welcome,
Thomas