[gst-devel] freeze/release of good and ugly

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Aug 8 18:40:33 CEST 2006

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 00:08 +0100, Zaheer Merali wrote:
>
>> Hi Thomas
>>
>> Is the v4l2src move to -good happening in this cycle?  If so, please
>> release -bad as it is in current release of -bad.
>>

> Moving stuff is to be done *before* freezes, not *because* of freezes.
> So, no.
>
> Thomas

Just my 0.02 cents. Moving plugins seems to stall for no reason. This is
a bit demotivating for those who put efforts into those plugins. Apart I
agree that we don't do this shortly before a release. But the v4l2
plugin wait since 2 month to get moved. In general this policy to
sponsor a move isn't a bad idea, but then we should also look into those
plugins thats ask for sponsorship and either reject with a reason or agree.

Stefan