[gst-devel] decodebin with playlist?

Ian Turner vectro at vectro.org
Wed Aug 9 00:13:36 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 16:08, Jan Schmidt wrote:
> Are you using the latest releases? decodebin should be reusable with
> recent gst-plugins-base.

Indeed, upgrading to gstreamer-0.10.9 seems to have fixed the problem.

> You're going to be starting and stopping/creating and destroying threads
> regardless - pipelines do that when they change state anyway.

In that case, is there a good way to reduce skip between tracks? One thing
I've toyed with is creating two pipelines with an adder, then changing state
at the last minute. I could never make it work, but from what you're saying,
though, that's not the best strategy anyway.

What is the best way to concatenate streams in gstreamer?

--Ian