[gst-devel] RTSP/RTP streaming - setting correct clock rate

Deeptendu Bikash dbikash at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 10:57:15 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to stream H.263 video whose clock rate is different from 90000.
In such a case gst-launch rtspsrc location=<RTSP URL> ! rtph263pdepay !
ffdec_h263 ! ximagesink does not work, with the warning: "pad
rtpdec0:sinkrtp returned caps that are not a real subset of its template
caps".

However, if I go and change the clock rate from 90000 to the range [1,
2147483647] in gst_rtp_h263p_depay_sink_template (gstrtph263pdepay.c), and
rebuild and reinstall the gst-plugins-good-0.10.3, the video plays, but not
at the correct rate. Where is the correct place in the code to set the clock
rate from the SDP? (I can see that gst_rtp_h263p_depay_setcaps() can
actually set the caps, and gst_rtspsrc_media_to_caps() can convert the SDP
to caps, but how should I link all these to make the thing work, either by
changing existing plugin code, or in the gst-launch command line?)

Thanks,
Deeptendu