[gst-devel] buffer alignment problem

Corentin BARON corentin.baron at inrialpes.fr
Thu Aug 24 16:11:18 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I've got a problem with video buffer alignment on my source plugin:
if I capture at sizes 640x480, 320x240 or 160x120 everything is OK,
but when I try to send a 214x160 pixels buffer, the output is
distorded. I output in I420 and the same buffer generation worked
just fine in GStreamer 0.8.

Using a test program I've got a warning "Size 51360 is not a multiple
of unit size 51840". It seems that GStreamer asks me for 480 octets
more, but where should I put them and what value do I need to give
them? In other word, how do I need to manage the alignment of my
buffers?

Thx,
Corentin.