[gst-devel] video analysis tool

daniel fischer dan at f3c.com
Fri Aug 25 12:14:54 CEST 2006

alberto colombo <albx79 at gmail.com> (on Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:47:18 +0100):

  >      GstElement *videosink;
  >      g_object_get(G_OBJECT(play), "video-sink", &videosink, NULL);
  >
  > videosink will always be NULL, no matter the state of play (which is my
  > playbin).

i assume "play" is the pipeline which you have constructed with parse_launch? you'll need to use gst_bin_get_by_name, like this (untested):

GstElement *play = gst_parse_launch("fakesrc ! fakesink name=video-sink");
GstElement *videosink = gst_bin_get_by_name( GST_BIN(play), "video-sink");

apart from that, i'm also doing some computer vision, and use single elements (plugins) for individual tasks- after all, the ability to recombine them in different pipelines is what the beauty of gstreamer is all about.

i invite you to have a look at libwarsaw and warsaw
( http://iterative.org/warsaw/ ), where i've integrated quite some algorithms from OpenCV. I do the visualization of analysis data with cairo usually, because it looks nicer, but OpenCV also provides some drawing routines.

-dan

--
http://0xDF.com/
http://iterative.org/