[gst-devel] gst-launch newbie help

Pete Shinners pete at shinners.org
Sun Aug 13 05:35:08 CEST 2006

I have an AVI file from my digital camera that I want to recompress to a smaller
file. I also need to rotate it 90 degrees CCW. I can't find any tool for this,
but it looks like it would be possible with gst-launch-0.10? The video is
"Motion JPEG", which should compress down nicely with something like divx/xvid.
It has sound which needs to be preserved, but can also likely be compressed well.

Been going through all the examples I could find, but I can't even construct a
command line that will read in the avi and write it back out.