[gst-devel] playbin Vs decodebin

alberto colombo albx79 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 17:58:29 CEST 2006

Hello again

sorry for spawning the mailing list with my questions.

I'm trying to understand why this command works:

        gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///$PWD/firefly.mp4

while this one doesn't:

        gst-launch-0.10 filesrc -t location=firefly.mp4 ! decodebin !
        ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

        Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
        Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
        FOUND TAG      : found by element "qtdemux0".
            video codec: MPEG-4 video
        FOUND TAG      : found by element "qtdemux0".
            audio codec: MPEG-4 AAC audio
        FOUND TAG      : found by element "qtdemux0".
                  title: The Train Job
                 artist: Firefly
                  album: Season 1
           track number: 2
            track count: 14
                  genre: TV Shows
        ERROR: from element /pipeline0/decodebin0/queue0: Internal data
        flow error.
        Additional debug info:
        gstqueue.c(783): gst_queue_push_one
        (): /pipeline0/decodebin0/queue0:
        streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated
        ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
        Setting pipeline to NULL ...
        FREEING pipeline ...

And neither does this one:

        gst-launch-0.10 filesrc -t location=firefly.mp4 !
        ffdemux_mov_mp4_m4a_3gp_3g2 ! ffdec_mpeg4  ! ffmpegcolorspace !
        autovideosink

        Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
        Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
        FOUND TAG      : found by element
        "ffdemux_mov_mp4_m4a_3gp_3g20".
            video codec: MPEG-4 compatible video
        FOUND TAG      : found by element
        "ffdemux_mov_mp4_m4a_3gp_3g20".
            audio codec: MPEG-2/4 AAC audio

        (and here it hangs)

The file used is:
        file firefly.mp4
        firefly.mp4: ISO Media, MPEG v4 system, version 2

        gst-typefind-0.10 firefly.mp4
        firefly.mp4 - audio/x-m4a

I would like to use the decodebin, and I know gstreamer can read that
file somehow, but I just can't figure out how...
Thank you very much again
alb
--
ICQ#: 319420338