[gst-devel] Timeoverlay - Record - Playback

Pavan Kumar Patale pavanpatale at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 19:00:59 CET 2006

Hi,

I am using timeoverlay to display time-length of video being recorded on
xvimagesink.
When i playback the same video and display the timeoverlay there is
difference
in the recorded and playback time.  The playback lags by a couple of seconds
and
for each minute of extra recording the lag increases.

The problem seems to be with recording because if i play the same file
recorded using my app it plays well until the last second using gst-launch.
And when recorded with gst-launch it plays until last second using my app.

Also, another observation is that initially i thought that few last frames
are missing.
But when i placed a stopwatch while recording the last number is displayed
correctly while playback.

Can anyone pls let me if i am missing something or should i provide
anykind of logs to solve this problem ?

Thanks,
Pavan.