[gst-devel] Changing filesink 'location' property on the fly?

John Stritch johnstritch at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 14 19:57:02 CET 2006

Hello,

I have a pipeline recording from alsasrc with a cutter to a filesink
working just fine; the file grows when above the threshold and does not
when below.  I would now like to record to a different file every time
the cutter's threshold transitions from above == false to above == true.

I have tried having the source send an EOS downstream by
gst_element_set_state(source, GST_STATE_NULL) when the above property
transitions to false then g_object_set(G_OBJECT (sink), "location", fn,
NULL) when the GST_MESSAGE_EOS is received.  I then planned to set the
source state back to playing.  However, I get the following warning
"Changing the 'location' property on filesink when a file is open not
supported."

Bearing in mind that I want to minimize the amount of potential lost
input from the 'live' source, what is the correct procedure to
dynamically change output files?

Thanks,
John