[gst-devel] starting plugins without "pluginstamp.sh"

Brad Midgley bmidgley at xmission.com
Wed Feb 1 07:42:10 CET 2006

Hi all

I'm getting started on bluetooth stereo plugins. I have a lot of plugins
to do for it: sbc codec, a2dp bluetooth transfers, and avrcp for remote
control.

I saw back in May the discussion here about how the use of
pluginstamp.sh was outdated. Should I just take the -plugin part of the
filenames under gst-plugin and rename it to -sbc for my codec?

I've been reading gstreamer docs and I'm impressed with the design,
especially the idea of separating out codecs into their own plugins. It
will be nice for devices with a dsp to be able to snap out the cpu-based
codec for a dsp task.

Brad