[gst-devel] Networking Chat with GStreamer.

Kai Vehmanen kvehmanen at eca.cx
Sat Feb 4 00:58:00 CET 2006

Hi,

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, ye nan wrote:

> Now, I want to build up a networking chat between two end-points with
> GStreamer 0.10. Currently, I didn't use RTP but just based on a UDP
[...}
> independent process. So maybe it can be integerated in a single process. How
> can I implement it?
> And if I want to build up the session on the RTP, which element(s) should I
> use?

Farsight project has been working on a set of gstreamer plugins for RTP.
These work in the same process (and actually even in the same pipeline,
which allows supporting RTCP). Example client code can be seen at:

http://projects.collabora.co.uk/darcs/farsight/gst-plugins-farsight/tests/gsmsendrecv.c

More links:
http://projects.collabora.co.uk/trac/farsight
http://projects.collabora.co.uk/trac/farsight/wiki/GettingStarted