[gst-devel] Is gstreamer-0.10 dev installed correctly?

Jonathan Doherty doherty-j22 at ulster.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 09:22:03 CET 2006

I've been using gstreamer-0.8-dev with Kdevelop(3.2.3) with no problems,
but I need to upgrade to version 0.10.  The problem is that I'm using
Kubuntu and the package manager doesn't have version 0.10 listed, I'm a
newbie when it comes to working outside the package manager to install
apps so this doesn't help.  I've tried downloading and installing from
gstreamer.freedesktop.org/dev using the suggested command:

cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/gstreamer co
gstreamer

and everything goes fine when running the autogen.sh i.e. I have
gstreamer-0.10 files in locations including:

/usr/local/lib/libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.3.0
and
/usr/local/include/gstreamer-0.10

A simple gst_init sample program compiles and builds no problem but when
it is executed I get an error:
"libgstreamer-0.10.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"

Anyone have any ideas?