[gst-devel] Problem using GstAdapter in GstBaseTransform-based element

Dominique Würtz housirer at gmx.de
Wed Feb 22 02:20:06 CET 2006

Thanks for clearing things up.
Regarding the use case: my element will work in a similar way to
audioresample from -base which derives from TransformBase as well. The
input/output buffer size ratio can be any non-integer fraction. So what
I want to do in _transform() is fetch the input data using the adapter,
calculate as much output as possible given the data available, adjust
the size of the output buffer and store the remaining samples (as a
result of non-integer fractions) for the next iteration. I wonder why
audioresample isn't using GstAdpapter for the same purpose.

Regards,
Dominique