[gst-devel] playbin iradio mode

Erik Grinaker erikg at codepoet.no
Fri Feb 24 03:32:13 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 12:56 +0100, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller
wrote:
> My guess is that it got disabled during the porting of gnomevfssrc due
> to time restraints for not working. So in order to re-enable it someone
> would have to go through the job of enabling the code again, making the
> needed modifications and testing that things work and then provide a
> patch.

Well, the code is in there and working just fine - gnomevfssrc extracts
iradio metadata if I set up my own pipeline and set the iradio-mode
property to true before starting playback.

The problem is that with the playbin, the gnomevfssrc element isn't
created until you start playback by setting the state to
GST_STATE_PLAYING, so I can't set the iradio-mode property to true until
after starting playback. But this is too late, as gnomevfssrc needs to
send an Icy-MetaData header with the http request to make the server
send the metadata at all.

So my question is: is it possible to make the playbin set up the
gnomevfssrc element without actually making it start streaming, so that
I can enable the property before changing the playbin state?

--
Erik Grinaker <erikg at codepoet.no>
http://erikg.codepoet.no/

enthusiastic about."