[gst-devel] liboil questions

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Jan 4 07:04:13 CET 2006

hi ds and others,

1.) oil_init()
I run
  find . -name "*.c" -exec grep -Hn "oil_" {} \;
against all my gst-0.10 cvs head sources and it looks like not all
plugins using liboil do call oil_init(). These are the culprits:
  gst-plugins-bad/gst/games/gstvideoimage.c
  gst-plugins-base/gst/videotestsrc/videotestsrc.c
  gst-plugins-good/gst/videobox/gstvideobox.c
Should I add
  oil_init();
to their plugin_init() ?

2.) oilifying gstvolume
I am looking at the volume element. It multiplies an array with a
constant factor. It looks like we can replace
  for (i = 0; i < num_samples; i++) {
    *data++ *= this->real_vol_f;
  }
with
  oil_scalarmult_f32(data,?,data,?,this->real_vol_f,num_samples);
Questions:
* what are the args int dstr and int sstr are for?
* is it okay to pass 'data' as source and target location?

3.) Could a little note be added to the README or to the docs, that
states which platforms currently benefit from using the liboil. From the
source it looks like i386 and ppc. Is that right?

Anyway, I enjoyed reading the ChangeLog and notes about writing docs ;)
Congratulations!

Ciao
  Stefan