[gst-devel] Ixion player on Windows

Sergey Scobich sergey.scobich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:44:23 CET 2006

This is how I've done.

First of all I built all dependencies with msvcr71.dll, then I created a
project for vs7 and build successfully gstreamer.

I also built most of the gst-plugins-base only audioresample and
ffmpegcolorspace remained.

Now I successfully built liboil with msvcrt71.dll (using mingw + some
patches in liboil)

And will try to compile the remaining gst-plugins-base.

I filed two bugs with vs7 project files #325248, #325246.
They are not processed yet.

This was two days ago and they are a bit outdated.

Unfortunately I didn't have VS6, but what to develop, debug, profile, fix
code in gstreamer - so that's why I decided to build all in VS.2003
I know that building with VS.2003 is not compatible with GPL. I just doing
it for fun.

Anyway during this work I propose many small corrections for gstreamer code
(thank you guys from #gstreamer) and successfully played an ogg file, using
Sébastien's directsoundsink.

But a lot of work remains - playbin is not finished and could be improved in
for better support for Windows.

I wonder why directx sinks are not in gstreamer CVS. I know that they are
not finished but the development should be done in CVS.

Sebastien did you file a bug with suggestion to include directx sinks?