[gst-devel] Python GStreamer API doc

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 22:53:06 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/15/06, Gian Mario Tagliaretti <g.tagliaretti at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > unluckyly everything is done with the old school.... "by hand" :)
>
> >   Argh :) Have you tried using the templates generated by the
> > gstreamer core doc build ? It could give a head start, and then it
> > would just mean replacing the "C" arguments/comments with the python
> > ones....
>
> I wrote some other docs in the recent past [1] and I've tried to use
> the C docs but without any success, great ideas are welcome anyway :p

  I was thinking something in more or less the same logic as the
codegenerator and the overrides. That is:

  _ [A] Use the gtk-doc data and the .defs files as base material
(using some scripts to convert the methods/functions/arguments names
and types to the python equivalent), to generate most of the
documentation
  _ [B] Have some overrides to document the overrides : because the
given functions/methods have overrides, because they raise exceptions
if something goes wrong, for added methods specific to gst-python,
etc....

  That would mean that most of the work would have to be done for [B]
once the scripts for [A] are done.

  Any comments ?

--
Edward Hervey