[gst-devel] review for event handling patch

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Jan 24 11:40:13 CET 2006

hi,

I try to allow the following code:

  seek_event = gst_event_new_seek(1.0, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
        GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH,
        GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, 0,
        GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, (GstClockTime)song_length);
  }
  if(!(gst_element_send_event(GST_ELEMENT(pipeline),seek_event))) {
    GST_WARNING("element failed to handle seek event");
  }
  tag_event=gst_event_new_tag(taglist);
  if(!(gst_element_send_event(GST_ELEMENT(pipeline),tag_event))) {
    GST_WARNING("element failed to handle tag event");
  }

Attached is a patch with my current changes. The pipeline is something
like a bunch of audiotestsrc elements hitting a bin containg an
oggmuxer, encoder and a filesink.
Alternatively the bin can contain an audiosink.

When doing encoding both seek and tag events fails, when doing playback
the tag-event fails.
I need the seek to get an EOS (also for encoding). The tags are only
needed when encoding.

Am I challanging gst too much? Any feedback is very welcome.

Stefan