[gst-devel] Help using gstreamer

Andreas Rosdal andrearo at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Jul 10 00:48:30 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to use GStreamer 0.10.8, and would like some help to do it
properly.

Here's my patch to add gstreamer support:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=68662&action=view

These are the problems I run into:

1.  I get the following warning each time a sound is played, except the
very first time a sound is played by the application:

Trying to dispose object "audiosinkringbuffer1", but it still has a parent
"alsasink1".
You need to let the parent manage the object instead of unreffing the
object directly.

2. Playing .wav files works perfect each time, but playing .ogg files does
not. When playing .ogg files, the first time a sound is played, it works perfect.
The next times a sound is played, no sound can be heard. No warnings are
shown. After a few sounds have been played, the application crashes. It is
not possible to create a backtrace, possibly because the crash is in a
separate thread run by GStreamer.

The code I use is based directly on muine, which also used GStreamer:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/muine/libmuine/player-gst.c?rev=1.16&view=markup

Thanks in advance.

 - Andreas