[gst-devel] Reuse of DecodeBin or PlayBin

Jens Schmutzler schmutzler at gmx.net
Wed Jul 12 12:04:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to reuse Decodebin and/or Playbin for a new srcfile. In my program reusing them introduces memory leaks. The gst-plugins-base-0.10.8/gst/playback/README file says that "reusing" and "cleanup in READY state" is still on the TODO list (for both decodebin and playbin). The file is quite old (May 2005) so I do not know if this is still accurate... (I did not find any hints in the CVS changelog on this topic)

My program is supposed to play different video files one after another in a "infinite" loop. It works fine but memory usage increases for each newly loaded file. If I am not totally mistaken I need to reuse decodebin/playbin for this purpose?!

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Jens