[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.9 'On the road again'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Jul 14 18:31:25 CEST 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.9 'On the road again'.
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound processing
over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other types of media
Its architecture allows for adding new data types or processing capabilities
simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic object
hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
For more information, see [http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gstreamer.html]
To file bugs, go to [http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gstreamer+%28core%29]
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamerÂ 0.10.9 "On the road again"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enchancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* The testsuite can now generate coverage information
* Better support for non-linear editing
* Removed Glib 2.6 compatibility
* Performance improvements on cpus that support branch hints
* Bug fixes
Bugs fixed in this release
* 346730 : some warnings about enums and macros
* 341029 : Ghostpads internal and target should be linked from the b...
* 346192 : [PATCH] Pad blocking on events
* 347384 : [ghostpad] padtemplates shouldn't be set automatically
* 344115 : [patch] make more internal data const
* 324176 : gst-element-check-0.x.m4 should use versioned gst-inspect
* 330379 : Bogus commits to basesink, basetransform, collectpads
* 341667 : restore_from_xml breaks pad links again after creating them
* 344642 : tools/gst-inspect.c does not compile if --disable-nls is ...
* 344748 : Fails with non-writable registry
* 344849 : GstController doesn't handle float properties correct
* 345086 : [gst-feedback] calls un-versioned tools
* 346097 : SIGSEGV when using --gst-plugin-load
* 347337 : GDP does not correctly deserialize events without a struc...
* 347408 : basesrc causes regressions in pull with 0 bytes
* 345720 : Bad performance playing files off CD
* 331727 : make probes and Ghostpads more elegant
* 343196 : basetransform not handles ro/rw buffer flagging for trans...
* 346663 : Segmentation error with fakesrc, fakesink and a filter
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Philip JÃ¤genstedt
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Wouter Paesen
More information about the gstreamer-devel