[gst-devel] Reuse of DecodeBin or PlayBin

Jens Schmutzler schmutzler at gmx.net
Tue Jul 18 12:30:38 CEST 2006

>Actually, I'm just looking at this exact issue. Playbin is supposed to
>clean up all its memory when returning to the READY state.
>
>The increasing memory usage is a bug - I'm pretty sure playbin wasn't
>doing this at some point in the past, and I'm trying to figure it out at
>the moment.

Just for the record...

I am using a fakesink as video output and an alsasink for audio output.
In combination with either decodebin or playbin this leaks (depending on
the media file) up to about 2MB in VIRT and about 1MB in RES. I updated
to the new 0.10.9 release and all plugin modules are the latest stable
versions.

Hope that helps a little.

Cheers,
Jens