[gst-devel] gst_element_set_state hangs ?

Michael Smith msmith at fluendo.com
Thu Jul 20 15:49:03 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 11:16 +0100, Kalyanavarathan, Vasanth wrote:
> Hello There
>
> My Gst Application before modifying the pipeline content invokes pause
> and play using gst_element_set_state
> in a thread context different from g_mainloop thread.

You don't say which thread you're calling this from... As far as
gstreamer is concerned, there's nothing special about your mainloop
thread - the only threads that are special to gstreamer are its own
streaming threads - the threads that it creates itself.

You are not - ever - allowed to call gst_element_set_state() from one of
these streaming threads. I suspect this is what you're doing, and that's
why it's deadlocking.

Mike