[gst-devel] disabling pkg-config-path

James "Doc" Livingston doclivingston at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 04:18:13 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 09:31 -0500, Daniel Díaz wrote:
> On 7/19/06, Vinay Krishnamurthy <vinay.kmurthy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > How can I disable pkg-config-path from searching in /usr/lib/pkgconfig folder?
> > I am trying to build gstreamer for ARM-Linux. But I am not able to get
> > proper libraries for GLIB, GMODULE etc.,
> > Can you please let me know the solution?
> > Vinay K.
>
> You need to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH before you configure GStreamer. Such as:
>
> $ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/yourtarget/lib/pkgconfig ./configure --prefix=/yourtarget

PKG_CONFIG_PATH lists the places pkg-config searches before the default
directory. If you want to set exactly where it looks, and not use the
default directory, use PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR instead.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Not only does the English Language borrow words from other languages, it
sometimes chases them down dark alleys, hits them over the head, and