[gst-devel] rtsp / real

Lutz Müller lutz at topfrose.de
Mon Jul 24 23:28:04 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 19:50 -0400, Philippe Khalaf wrote:
> As Thomas said, there is something wrong with these caps. The payload
> type represents a codec, so they should be different for audio or video.

For the Real stream, the channel is always 0 although both a video and
audio stream are advertised in the sdp-buffer. I now skip the RTP stuff
and directly create a pad with caps "application/vnd.rn-realmedia". I
will look at gst-plugins-ugly/gst/realmedia and check if I can convince
that element to handle the stream.

I guess I now understand what the RTSP element should do (thanks for the
explanation). However, it looks like Real servers don't really care for
the specification, other protocols and so on. And for now I just would
like to get Real streams working.

Current state:
 * decodebin: patched to support dynamic pads (#341524)
 * rtsp: patched to return stream (#341752)

Work being done on
 * realmedia: demux the stream into video/audio
 * ?: decode video
 * ?: decode audio

Regards
--