[gst-devel] configuration settings for uclibc

Bob Garrow alvinkrebs at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 22:56:49 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I've been looking through the group's email archive and have found evidence that the
gstreamer platform not only compiles on ARM, but works well too. However, it's not clear
to me just how to do this. I would like to know if such a document exists, and where it
could be found. Short of that, I'd like to know how much effort is expected to build an
appropriate configuration or what Makefile modifications are necessary.

I have built gstreamer/-plugins-base/-plugins-good on x86 after building and installing
liboil and upgrading my glibc. I'd like to build minimal support for ARM. I'm currently
using arm-linux-uclibc-gcc, so I also have to avoid linking glibc2.8.

Any help would be appreciated

alvink