[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.8 'Moar gij zie mij nie'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Jun 9 21:11:48 CEST 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.8 'Moar gij zie mij nie'.
GStreamer Base Plug-ins is a well-groomed and well-maintained collection of
GStreamer plug-ins and elements, spanning the range of possible types of
elements one would want to write for GStreamer. It also contains helper
libraries and base classes useful for writing elements.
A wide range of video and audio decoders, encoders, and filters are included.
For more information, see [http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-base.html]
To file bugs, go to [http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-base]
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Base Plug-insÂ 0.10.8 "Moar gij ziet mij nie"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
codecs: vorbis, theora
text: textoverlay, subparse
sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioscale, volume
video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
aggregate elements: decodebin, playbin
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* alsasink probing fixes
* xvimagesink error reporting fixes
* subtitle fixes
* adder fixes
* vorbis multichannel fixes
* multifdsink streamheader fixes
Bugs fixed in this release
* 169936 : [subparse] support for SAMI subtitles
* 315312 : Gstreamer Xv uses RGB instead of YUV.
* 334002 : video4linux shouldn't depend on X in configure script
* 336881 : [libvisual] additional support for libvisual-0.4
* 337544 : [xvimagesink] Internal Error when image is too large
* 339520 : [subparse] add " encoding " property
* 340909 : [alsasink] can't enable spdif output
* 341542 : some users have an assertion failed: (GST_VIDEO_SINK_WIDT...
* 341562 : audioconvert doesn't list formats in order of preference
* 341696 : audioconvert crashes if converting from a format with no ...
* 341719 : bisection algorithm in ogg doesn't bisect in some cases
* 341732 : [alsasink] doesn't query supported sample rates
* 341873 : [alsasink] minor memory leak, uses unprotected static var...
* 342143 : [subparse] sami parser needs to escape characters
* 342181 : [alsa] add property probe interface to alsasink and alsasrc
* 342268 : [playbin] add 'subtitle-encoding' property
* 342345 : [riff] Elephant's Dream AVI does not play, JUNK chunk bef...
* 342566 : Building without GTK+ fails
* 343397 : H.264/AAC movie deadlocks with totem in gstreamer code, p...
* 339935 : [adder] dead-locks when adding sink pads in PAUSED state
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Julien Moutte
* Martin Szulecki
* Michael Smith
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Young-Ho Cha
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
More information about the gstreamer-devel