[gst-devel] How to register dfbvideosink

Wolfson, Alexander alexander.wolfson at intel.com
Sat Jun 10 00:44:03 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I am experimenting with gstreamer-0.10.0 on the Xscale based board

Gstreamer generaly works well.

I did not used gst-plugins-bad before, but needed something for video
testing, so I decided to use dfbvideosink for testing the video.

After compiling bad plugins I put libgstdfbvideosink.so into
/usr/gst/lib/gstreamer-0.10 on the board
All other plugin's libraries are in the same place.

gst-inspect does not show this plugin.

I thought may be something wrong with the plugin, so I renamed
libgstwaveparse.so into libgstdfbvideosink.so

gst-inspect dfbvideosink does not show it either.

Is gst-inspect NAME is not based on the name of the file libNAME.so?

Am I missing some step, or I have a bad dfbvideosink plugin?

Thanks,

Alex