[gst-devel] simultaneous OSS playback/record

Wilson, Diego dwilson at ti.com
Mon Jun 12 18:47:38 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm in a pickle and one of you guys might be able to help me out.

I'm running GStreamer 0.10 on an arm platform with one /dev/dsp device.
I've already tested osssrc and osssink. They both work fine. The problem
is when I try to run them both at the same time.

Now I don't know if this is even supposed to work. I ran a gst-launch
with osssink then try running a gst-launch with osssrc. The later
complains that the device is already being used.

Then I read the Open Sound System Programmer's Guide. It quite
specifically said that:

"With the current OSS implementation it is not possible to open a device
that is already open"

Does that mean I can't do playback and record simultenously using OSS?
Is the only answer having to devices?

Regards,

Diego Wilson