[gst-devel] g_main_loop

Robert Scott robert.b.scott at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 13 10:59:50 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am writing a multithreaded gstreamer application and I am having
random SEGFAULTS whenever I start g_main_loop.  I am a little unclear
on how gstreamer works because I can actually play music without
starting g_main_loop(Music plays, but I do not receive callbacks to
the bus watcher).

My question is, do I have to wrap all calls into gstreamer with
gdk_threads_enter and gdk_thread_exit.  This is for a java program
with a high level JNI interface to gstreamer, but I read somewhere
that this was necessary for multithreaded applications.  Is there
some more information available somewhere?  The docs don't seem to
handle the multithreaded part.

Thanks,
--robert