[gst-devel] Why can't multiple pipelines run in one process at the same time?

zs p paaa1976 at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jun 14 14:28:13 CEST 2006

I want to playback multiple audio files in one process at the same time. However, when I create another pipeline after constructing a pipeline, the older pipeline can't work well, even if the newer pipeline is over.

The following step is my experiment:

1.create pipeline1
2.set pipeline1 to GST_STATE_PLAYING to playback, ok
3.after 10 seconds , create pipeline2, but pipeline1 can't work well at the same time
4.set pipeline2 to GST_STATE_PLAYING to playback, ok

So I want to know whether gstreamer can support multiple pipelines in one process at the same time, OR how to playback multiple files in one process synchronously?

Thanks in advance.