[gst-devel] GstPadDirection in files produced by GstXml

Sebastien Cote sebas642 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 20 03:48:39 CEST 2006

Hi,

I created a little python script that produces a JPEG
image of a pipeline graph using pydot. I get the
information about the pipeline from an XML file
generated by calling gst_xml_write_file().

In the XML file however, I see no way to know a pad
direction so I cannot add information about the data
flow to my graph. Is there any way to find out how the
data flows from the XML file? I'd like the script to
work even if the plugins are not installed so calling
"gst-inspect" is not an option. Also, guessing the
direction from the pad name doesn't look very reliable
to me.

If there isn't any way to get the direction, would a
patch to add this information to the XML file be
accepted?

Thanks,

Sebastien