[gst-devel] how to run gst-launch?

Sébastien Moutte sebastien at moutte.net
Wed Jun 21 13:01:29 CEST 2006

Hi Woo,

On my side, I'm debugging using core and libs in c:\gstreamer\debug\bin
and plugins in c:\gstreamer\debug\lib\gstreamer-0.10.
You can remove GST_PLUGIN_PATH as gstreamer as specific windows defines
for default plugins path
#define PREFIX "C:\\gstreamer"
/* Define the plugin directory */
#ifdef _DEBUG
#  define PLUGINDIR PREFIX "\\debug\\lib\\gstreamer-0.10"
#else
#  define PLUGINDIR PREFIX "\\lib\\gstreamer-0.10"
#endif

Next, for debugging, you have to set Executable for debug session to
C:\gstreamer\debug\bin\gst-launch-0.10.exe with arguments -v fakesrc
num-buffers=5 ! fakesink in your case.
It should work.

Sebastien