[gst-devel] alsasink issue while osssink and esdsink work

jean-marie.verdun at splitted-desktop.org jean-marie.verdun at splitted-desktop.org
Thu Jun 29 11:04:43 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have an issue with my gstreamer installation. I recompiled it from
scratch and got good results with osssink and esdsink, ( test with an mp3
file gst-launch filesrc location=test.mp3 !decodebin! audioconvert !
alsasink or osssink or esdsink ). I get really bad sound with the
alsasink, in some cases the sound is shut off and I hear some small
noises, the problem appears in less than a second.
The other sink are working fine. I am using oss-alsa library, there is no
native library, a linux kernel which is 2.6.12.6, an alsa release 1.0.11.
I am a little bit stuck to track down from where the issue could come, any
help appreciated. The osund card I am using is an internal ATI device, pci
id 0:14.5 this is an ATI IXP SB400 AC97.

Jm