[gst-devel] g_main_loop

Robert Scott robert.b.scott at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 29 17:43:42 CEST 2006

Hello Andy,

I am using 0.10.  I believe that I may have actually uncovered the
real issue indirectly by switching to g_object.  It appears that the
gst_element_query_position and gst_element_query_duration do not
handle the case when the playbin is not either in the PLAYING or
PAUSED state.  Whenever I call this functions from another state,
than it appears to render the playbin unusable.

I started noticing this behavior as I was piecing my program back
together and reintegrating all of the functionality in the new
model.  When I reinserted the queries for position, things stopped
working.  When I added checks to see what state the playbin was in,
everything started working again.

Does that make any sense?
--robert