[gst-devel] RTP audio payloader base classes

Philippe Khalaf burgerman at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 8 13:05:09 CET 2006

Hi,

   After working a few payloaders for audio, I am under the impression
that most frame based codecs are payloaded the same way, and most
non-frame based codecs are all payloaded the same way as well. I
suggest having a GstBaseAudioRTPPayload class for both frame based and
non frame based (the algorithms would be similar). The deriving class
would then tell the parent if it's frame or non frame based, and give
us the frame sizes it supports and well as the one it's currently
using.

If anyone can think of any codecs that are very different from others,
or if my assumption that they can all be payloaded using the same
algorithm, please tell me.

Regards,
Philippe