[gst-devel] Missng plugins in Gstreamer 0.10.*?

Erik Grinaker erikg at codepoet.no
Thu Mar 9 00:57:01 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 01:09 +0100, Ola Theander wrote:
> I've just started to try out the 0.10 version of Gstreamer, earlier I've
> just used the 0.8.11 version. It seems to me that there is a lot of plug-ins
> "missing" in the 0.10 build, e.g. it seems like most of the decoding
> plug-ins are gone and in my case an essential one as the xvimagesink is not
> available. I'm using Gentoo and have emerged (which is Gentooish for
> installing/building) 0.10 and it might be some special Gentoo adoption that
> cause these plug-ins to be missed.

The plugins for gstreamer 0.8 were in a single package called
gst-plugins, but they have now been split into gst-plugins-base,
gst-plugins-good, gst-plugins-bad, and gst-plugins-ugly. Gentoo also
seem to split the packages up further, so have a look at these:

http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=gst-plugins-

--
Erik Grinaker <erikg at codepoet.no>
http://erikg.codepoet.no/