[gst-devel] Re: [gst-devel] Re: 回复: Re: [gst-devel] How to port gstreamer to arm-linux system?

Daniel Díaz mrchapp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 09:16:03 CET 2006

Hello.

On 3/9/06, Zeeshan Ali <zeenix at gstreamer.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>   Firstly, please CC to the mailing-list too so everyone can follow.
>
> On 3/9/06, zs p <paaa1976 at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> > I'm sure I have built gstreamer and gst-plugin-base to
> > arm binary, then "make install" into a directory.
> > Under this directory , there are five subdirectories:
> > "bin","include","lib","share","man".
> > I copy files under those subdirectories into related
> > directories "bin""include""lib" on arm system.

Are you using a prefix for that?

  export MYPREFIX=/path/to/your/device's/root
  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$MYPREFIX/lib/pkgconfig ./configure \
      --host=arm-linux --prefix=$MYPREFIX

(That should do it if your device's filesystem resides on your system,
for gstreamer, gst-plugins-base, gst-plugins-good, etc.)

After `make install` you shouldn't need to manually copy any file.
(You might want to prune, though, strip debug symbols and reduce size
in general.)

> >   then I
> >   type following command:
> > # gst-inspect
> > staticelements:  bin: Generic bin
> > staticelements:  pipeline: Pipeline object
> >
> > Total plugins: 1
> > Total features: 2
[...]

I always have to
  export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/lib/gstreamer-0.9
before I run `gst-inspect`

Greetings!

Daniel Díaz
ddiaz at ti.com